Saturday was May Day in Boston Bar and residents came out in full force to celebrate, watch the parade, see the crowning of the new May Queen and enjoy the traditional May Pole dance.
Event organizer Shirley Crow said the 84th annual event was another success.
“Everyone who was out there has a good time, we always do,” said Crow.
However, cool, windy temperatures and periods of rain may have affected attendance.
“We were down a bit from last year.”
Crow and her group of about 30 volunteers have been working since March to pull of the event.
As part of the annual parade, several awards were handed out, including:
- Best decorated car or truck – Citizens on Patrol.
- Best decorated float – The Royal Party.
- Best costume – Shirley Crow.
- Best marching group – The Maypole dancers.
- Best bike – Joseph Thomas.
- Best whatever – Citizen’s on “poop” patrol – Nathan O’Donahey.