Valentine’s Day can be a time to celebrate love of all kinds. This year, instead of making romantic plans with your partner, why not include your kids and celebrate as a family? Here are some Valentine’s Day activities you and the kids will love:
1. Profess your love. Each family member takes a turn telling the others something they love about them, including themselves.
2. Eat a special breakfast. Serve heart-shaped pancakes or oatmeal with strawberries and chocolate chips.
3. Go on a family date night. Eat at a local restaurant you haven’t tried before and catch a movie after.
4. Take a walk down memory lane. Reminisce and share stories while looking at old family photos. The kids will love looking at themselves and you in your younger days.
5. Bake cookies. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make Valentine’s Day cookies. Decorate them with pink icing.
6. Have a movie marathon. Make popcorn, buy candy and snuggle up together under your cosiest blankets.
7. Make cards. Gather red and pink paper, glitter, stickers and markers to make valentines to hand out to friends and family members.
Taking the time to celebrate Valentine’s Day as a family will create memories your kids will have for a lifetime.