GuideLights are outlet covers with LED night lights built in them. You can put these lights on top of the outlet instead of the normal outlet covers. They give a nice glow to the dark areas around the plugs. They are made to look like the lights that help people find their seats in dark theaters and airplanes.
The GuideLight was made to use less energy than a regular night light so that you could use both plugs for other things. Instead of worrying about traditional plug-in nightlights taking up all of your outlet plug space, you can change the outlet covers in your darkest rooms or buy enough to cover all of your outlets.
What GuideLight Is Used For
GuideLight is a standard outlet cover that can also be used as a nightlight. The bottom of the cover has an LED light that turns on and off automatically; This makes it more useful than a normal cover, even though it won’t be easy to see from more than a few feet away. The GuideLight comes with tiny metal bars that connect to the power source; This means that wiring is not needed.
After you change the old cover, there’s nothing else you need to do. GuideLight is hooked up to the electricity and uses it. Instead of batteries or other outside sources of power, a light sensor turns the light on when it gets dark inside.
How It Works
Here is an overview of how Guidelights work, which you can use to determine whether these small, useful nightlights are good.
The most important thing to think about before buying GuideLight outlet covers is their performance. In every way, these lights work well.
The LED lights light up the area right around the outlet without making any glare. You can buy a GuideLight and put it over your outlets in places where you want more light; This is a great choice for the room’s children. As the height of the light source goes up, so does the amount of light.
LED night lights are some of the lights that last the longest. Most LED lights can last as long as 100,000 hours. Since you won’t use these LEDs for more than a few hours at night, they won’t break for decades.
However, when the old bulbs burn out, you won’t be able to buy new ones. In its place, you’ll need to buy a new GuideLight; This is one of the few problems with the product, but the fact that GuideLights are affordable and won’t need to be replaced for many years or even decades makes it less important.
The LED lights are charged by the metal prongs of the outlets, which use the electricity flowing through the cables. So, putting GuideLights in every outlet in your house wouldn’t make your electricity bill go up by much.
Customers usually choose just a few key areas for GuideLights, like hallways, bathrooms, and kids’ rooms. Three or four places around the house only use a small amount of power compared to the same number of night lights.
Simple Installation process
The GuideLight says that it is easy to put together. It is necessary to turn off the circuit breakers, remove the covers from the current outlets, and replace them with GuideLight covers. Even though it’s simple, only some homes have the same outlet covers, and GuideLights only has one design.
GuideLights is sometimes harder to set up than expected. For the LEDs to get power, the metal prongs must touch the wires on either side of the back. Since you can’t move these prongs, you might have to move some cables.
The location of the outlet screws could sometimes cause trouble. The two-screw style of GuideLight will match the style of your outlet covers.
Pros And Cons Of GuideLights
- You don’t need an extra outlet to use the GuideLight.
- It is easy to set up and doesn’t need much care.
- The nightlight is said to use little energy and not waste power because it turns itself off. Ten cents a year is what people are told to pay to use the nightlights.
- The LED GuideLight bulb is meant to last for 25 years.
- It is small and doesn’t take up much space.
- Each GuideLight comes with a 24-month warranty and a 30-day guarantee that you’ll be happy with it.
- GuideLight works with 120V outlets and light switches and has a “Snap-and-Go” technology protected by a patent.
- The GuideLight gives off enough light to help people find their way at night without making them blind.
- GuidLight can’t be used in outlets that aren’t standard or switches where switching split circuits run.
- The only place to buy GuideLight is on the official website.
- The LED night light only comes in a neutral white color.
GuideLight can only be found on the official website. The company ships both domestically and internationally. Shipping in the US takes less than six business days. Depending on the country’s laws, customers from outside may have to pay a small customs tax. GuideLight’s makers, on the other hand, recommend buying in bulk to take advantage of discounts and other deals:
- $29.00 for one guidelight
- $59.98, US shipping is free, and if you buy two GuideLights, you get one free.
- $89.97, free shipping in the US, buy 3 GuideLights, get 2 free
- When you buy four GuideLights, you pay $119.96 and get free shipping in the US.
GuideLight’s advertising says that it is a high-tech night light that is easy to set up and use. The price of the automatic light fixture is fair, and it doesn’t use much electricity. GuideLight is made of high-quality materials that are safe for the environment and will last for more than 20 years. Each product comes with a one-year warranty and a 30-day guarantee that you can get your money back.