Fraser Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at Chilliwack’s Heritage Village, a residential care home on Topaz Drive.
It was announced Thursday, Aug. 19 that one resident and three staff members have tested positive for the virus and they are currently in self-isolation. According to a news release, Fraser Health is working to identify anyone else who may have been exposed.
Heritage Village is owned and operated by Fraser Health and the following measures are being put in place.
– Staffing levels are being supported to maintain resident care
– Social visits are restricted in the affected areas of the facility, though essential visits may continue
– Staff and resident movement in the affected areas of the facility has been modified to minimize exposure to others
– Cleaning and infection control measures have been further enhanced
– Residents, families and staff are being notified
– Twice a day screening of all staff and residents is taking place
– Additional testing and screening is in place to support monitoring of disease control