Reports of smoke coming from a camper van parked in downtown Hope had fire crews respond and quickly put out a fire Wednesday around 10:30 a.m.
Fire chief Tom DeSorcy said a deep cycle battery inside a camper van parked on Wallace Street beside district hall caught on fire Wednesday. It was called in and put out by Hope crews quickly.
“There was smoke coming from the vehicle and fortunately the owner showed up with a key, we didn’t have to do much damage,” he said.
Witnesses said no flame was visible, only smoke from the camper van. Crews cleared the scene shortly after The Hope Standard arrived on scene, around 10:45 a.m.
Do you have something to add to this story, or something else we should report on? Email: