I would like give a big thank you to the following people for their contributions in completing our new Remembrance Day project for Boston Bar and North Bend.
• John Lowe (an employee of Emil Anderson in Hope) for the time spent drilling new holes in our memorial plaque and installing the new locking bolts
• George Davidson (forman) and James Bekker (relief forman) for the donation of the new memorial rock
• Emil Anderson Boston Bar employees Kim Davison and Wayne Lilwall for their time in delivering our new rock to the North Bend Memorial pool site
• Emil Anderson Boston Bar employee Mark Testhke for donating his time after work to drill the holes and mounting our memorial plaque
• Art Brooks (North Bend) for donating the new gravel for the display
• Cliff Fisher (North Bend) for all his time and materials used for the removal of the memorial plaque from the broken water fountain, and materials used to secure the memorial plaque on to the rock, as well as for making all the arrangements with the companies and employees to complete the project in time for Remembrance Day 2012
In 2011, Hope Signs put together the first half of our project, one sign listing all the men and women who served in military from our area, and all the volunteers who served as Pacific Coast Militia Rangers in North Bend and Boston Bar. This will be our fourth year that we have held the Remembrance Day service in this area.