There are two ways to capture and preserve your cherishable moments in life. Either you can memorize such events and experiences and relish them later, or you can use technology to capture and store such moments. The second option is more reliable and lasting, for sure. However, just capturing images and videos are not going to be enough to preserve the special moments of life. You need to store and take backup of the images and videos that are special for you. Printouts can get damaged, and storing media content in cloud services also has limitations. You can try something like ThePhotoStick OMNI.
What is it?
ThePhotoStick OMNI is a simple and useful storage device that is handy for storing all your important videos and images. It works with most USB-compatible devices, including smartphones. The device comes with a pre-installed program that scans, retrieves as well as saves photos and videos present on the device fast. The device is simple to use and quite affordable too. It is ideal for people who are not very tech-savvy as well. It works with Macintosh and Windows-based computers.
What devices are supported by it?
- PCs with Windows 7 and later versions.
- Macintosh OS.10.13 and later versions.
- Android 6.0 and later versions.
- iOS and iPad OS 13.0.
What are the supported file formats?
ThePhotoStick OMNI supports a number of file formats, including:
- Camera Raw.
- MPEG 4.
How do I use it?
ThePhotoStick OMNI is pretty simple to use.
For Windows PCs:
- Connect the device to the laptop/desktop through a USB port.
- Then launch the file explorer and click on the ThePhotoStick Windows.exe.
- Click on the go.
For Mac computers:
- Connect the ThePhotoStick OMNI using a USB port.
- The ThePhotoStick icon will appear, and you have to double-click on it.
- Click on the go.
For Android and iOS:
- You have to find and download the ThePhotoStick Mobile App.
- Connect ThePhotoStick OMNI to the phone using the charging port.
- On the app, select the ‘Backup Now’ command.
Why choose ThePhotoStick OMNI over other options?
- ThePhotoStick OMNI scores over many other media storage and backup options.
- The device is quite user-friendly. It will be loved by people who are not technology-friendly. All you need to do is plug the device into your phone or computer. It will scan and retrieve media files fast. There is nothing like creating an account, logging in, setting a password, etc.
- It can be used without requiring other accessories.
- The device is compact, so you can slip it into your pocket and backpack easily. This can be taken anywhere and used.
- It is priced affordably.
- The device works with a wide range of media storage devices, including smartphones and computers.
- The device supports the most popular video and image file formats.
- You do not need to use any application for the device to work. The device comes with its own application, which does the job without much intervention.
- In places where internet connection is still weak and unreliable, using ThePhotoStick OMNI is better than using cloud storage services. It will work without an internet connection. Those with slow internet connections find dealing with cloud services a pain, and they will like this device for media storage.
- You get a money-back guarantee for 60 days on the device.
- You need to buy it once, and there is nothing like any subscription charges. You can buy it and keep using it for a long time.
- It can be handy when your PC or smartphone storage capacity is depleting fast, and you also want to store the media content safely.
- After retrieving the media content from a phone or PC, it stores them automatically inside a folder.
- The build quality is quite good, and it can survive falls and bumps.
How to buy it?
You can buy ThePhotoStick OMNI at the company website. The company advises not to buy it from any other website.
- The 32 GB model costs $59.99.
- The 64 GB model costs $79.99.
- For the 128 GB model, you pay $99.99.
- For the 256 GB model, the cost is $149.99.
So, models with higher storage offer lower per GB costs.
Are there any drawbacks?
ThePhotoStick OMNI will satisfy most users looking for a compact and automatic media backup solution. However, it is not exactly perfect.
It supports PCs and smartphones and automatically detects media content in both types of devices. However, the company does not support digital cameras and DSLRs. To acquire images and videos from those sources, you will have to use a PC first.
The highest storage capacity is 256 GB which is ideal for storing a huge number of images. However, this capacity is not exactly ideal for people who need to store a lot of HD-quality videos. For them, an external HDD will be the better option. Such devices come in 2 TB and higher storage capacities.
While the device scans for media and retrieves them on its own, it offers less customization. When you use a USB thumb drive or an external HDD, you can choose which media files to store.
Who should buy it?
- ThePhotoStick OMNI is useful for a majority of PC and smartphone users.
- The device is suited for those who want to back up and store plenty of images safely.
- The device suits users who are not much technology-friendly and want a quick and simple data storage solution.
- It can be ideal if you do not like using cloud storage services to store your image and video content. If the area where you live has slow and spotty internet access, it can be a savior.
Summing it up
ThePhotoStick OMNI is a unique and handy media retrieval and storage device that gets many things right. The device offers nearly plug-and-play functionality and supports computers and smartphones natively. It scans and retrieves image and video content from source devices in a jiffy, minus much intervention. The media file format support is great. It is portable, and its durability is good. The device has its inbuilt application and works smoothly. You can pick from varying storage limits too. The pricing is also fine. The only drawback it has is fewer customization options. However, the many advantages outshine a few drawbacks.