The scene of a Surrey house fire Halloween night. (Photo: Shane Mackichan)

The scene of a Surrey house fire Halloween night. (Photo: Shane Mackichan)

VIDEO: Surrey home destroyed in ‘suspicious’ fire Halloween night

Home was ‘just a ball of flames’ when Surrey fire crews arrived

NEWTON – A home that appeared to be under construction caught fire in Surrey Halloween night.

It happened near 130A Street and 73rd Avenue around 10:30 p.m.

Surrey Battalion Chief Reo Jerome says because there was no power or gas to the home, the fire is being considered suspicious.

Footage from the scene shows the house completely destroyed.

“It looked like it was under construction when crews got there,” said Jerome. “There was no roof, no walls, no dry walls or anything, just a ball of flames.”

While the blaze didn’t spread to neighbouring homes, Jerome said “it was getting close.”

A bit of siding melted on two nearby structures, he added: a home and a garage.

No injuries have been reported.

A fire inspector will be going by the property today to investigate.